Cheek Implants lift and enhance the cheeks that have become rather flattened with age as fatty tissues shrink and droop. The rejuvenation can be dramatic with the extra benefit of smoothing some of the deep expression lines of the lower eyelids. The appearance is much more youthful. Unlike the Facelift, the cheek lift with implants is permanent.
REASONS FOR SURGERY:
Dr Wallace recommends Cheek Implants for the following reasons:
- Age related loss of cheek soft tissues
- Injury related flattening of the cheek bone
- Congenital (born with) lack of cheek bone prominence
RISKS OF SURGERY:
This surgery is associated with a very low risk of complications. The specific risks of Cheek Implants of which you should be aware are:
- Infection is rare although any implant can get infected and this usually requires prompt implant removal plus antibiotic treatment
- Damage to infraorbital nerve is rare
- Migration or displacement of the implant is very unlikely with the implant fixed in place with a titanium screw
General Anaesthesia is the routine for this operation. Anaesthetic sleep time is approximately 60 minutes followed by 45 minutes in the Recovery Room.
Dr. Wallace performs Cheek Implants via an incision above the teeth on each side. He creates a pocket for the implant to lie against the cheekbone and fixes it in place with a single titanium screw. Dissolving stitches close the incisions and no dressings are required.
Ice packs are important to prevent bleeding and limit the swelling and bruising. Paracetamol with Codeine is usually sufficient for pain control. Most patients do not stay in hospital but go home the same day. Dr Wallace arranges an office appointment for a few days post-op.
Cheek Implant surgery with Facelift, Blepharoplasty, Browlift, Rhinoplasty or Laser Resurfacing will achieve a greater overall rejuvenation.
The rejuvenation of the cheeks after Cheek Implants is usually dramatically pleasing