Welcome to the Website of Dr Ian Wallace
Ear Nose Throat Surgeon and Facial Plastic Surgeon
This site contains information about Dr Wallace, his training and experience; how to contact his office for a consultation; how to find the office; procedures performed; patient testimonials; and links to hospitals, medical societies and sources of medical information.
Dr Wallace warns potential patients not to act on medical information obtained from this site without a face-to-face consultation with him.
Dr Wallace now limits his practice to Rhinology and Facial Plastic Surgery. He is dealing with all aspects of nose and sinus disease, nasal fractures, cosmetic deformity, sinusitis and snoring. He will continue his practice of Facial Plastic Surgery as detailed within this website
is the medical name for a 'nosejob'.
It is by far and a way the most common cosmetic surgery procedure.
Rhinoplasty can make the nose smaller; make the nose straighter; make the tip narrower, more refined, less bulbous and less turned up or down.
Rhinoplasty is considered a cosmetic procedure but it is often combined with other nasal surgery to restore or improve the function of the nose (breathing, sense of smell and sinus drainage). A combined operation is called a 'Septorhinoplasty'.
This is a medical procedure and so rebates from Medicare and Private Health Insurance will apply.
Should you have a nose job?
The nose is the key central feature of the face and it must be in balance with all other facial features.
On profile view, the nose and chin must complement each other and so a rhinoplasty may be combined with a chin implant to achieve the best result.
Scope of Work done by Dr Wallace
- Rhinoplasty: Nose reshaping, Cosmetic nose surgery, Nose job
- Septoplasty: Blocked nose surgery
- Sinus Surgery: Balloon sinus surgery, Functional endoscopic sinus surgery, FESS surgery
- Palatopharyngoplasty: Snoring palate operation, Snoring pillar procedure
- FACIAL PLASTIC SURGERY
- Otoplasty: Pinning back ears, Prominent ear surgery, Bat-ear correction
- Blepharoplasty: Eyelid surgery, Eyelid redundant, skin removal, Baggy eyelid surgery
- Face Lift
- Neck Lift
- Brow Lift
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Implants: Chin implants, Cheek implants
- Injectables: Collagen Botox